Year 6 Camp Update

Please see the attached letter which has some very important information regarding the cancellation of the Year Six Camp.

Due to the ongoing issue with Covid cases in Perth, the Education Department has restricted any travel into those areas by either staff or students until further notice. New restrictions have been put into place for the Perth/Peel area for the next three days and Country Week has also been cancelled.

Unfortunately this will mean that our planned Year 6 Camp has had to be cancelled as well. I am currently working with the organisers in Perth to look at options to go later in the year. More details will be sent out during the week once a date has been secured.

I understand that this will cause some students to get upset but for the safety of all, the decision had to be made. Be assured, we shall be working hard to secure a date later in the year and Camp will go ahead at that time.

School will be as usual for the last week of the term. We shall talk to all Year 6 students at the beginning of Monday and outline the reasons for the cancellation and what dates we can look at for later in the year. If you have any questions, please contact me directly or see me at school this week. A parent meeting will be arranged in due course to discuss the new dates once confirmed.

It is such a shame to have to cancel at the last minute and I know students have been getting themselves organised for this week. Unfortunately we live in very interesting times and we cannot predict when these type of restrictions are going to be put into place.

Mr Delfs